Friday, December 14, 2012

What are 3 things that you want to improve or initiate within your classroom this semester.

The first thing I would like to improve is transition times between activities. I plan on doing this by carefully reviewing and altering my classroom procedures. I will also clearly define my expectations to my students in regards to the procedures. I hope with enough practice we can eliminate wasted time in the classroom.

Another thing I would like to improve is my classroom management so I can reduce the amount of wasted time on dealing with discipline issues. I plan on doing this by spending time at the beginning of the year fully explaining my expectations and consequences. I will also remain consistent throughout the year when dealing with behavior issues.

One thing I would like to initiate is doing more activities outdoors. My high school has a wonderful campus and the students enjoy working outside. I will find articles and stories that deal with the outdoors and develop lessons and activities that correspond with the reading material. I believe this will help the students learn that reading can and should take place in locations other than the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment